- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. It also includes information collected during your use of the Service, which may include content and information that (a) you provide directly through the service, such as through your use of messaging services, forums or other similar functions; and (b) information that is collected automatically, such as device information or geo-location information. Further details on the types of Personal Information collected are set out below. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website, App or Services or be able to access and them at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website, App or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website, App or Services through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service use; purchases; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature that is not linked to an individual. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website, App or Services is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect the following types of information:
- Your Content. In the course of providing the Services and your utilization of the Services, We may collect or process content and information provided by you (“Your Content”). Here are some examples of Your Content (but keep in mind they are only examples and there may be others): messages (including general posts, group messages and direct messages), pictures, videos, edits to messages or deleted messages, and other types of files.
- Personal Information. If you choose to participate in our Ambassador program, you will be required to provide Us with certain Personal Information, such as first and last name, job, a photo, phone number, and mailing address. Any user may also choose to enter information into their profile, such as first and last name, job, a photo and a phone number.
- Registration and Profile information. In order to register for our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your username and email address. You also have the option to register for an account using your Facebook credentials, and in the future may be able to register using other social networks such as Google (together, “Social Network Credentials”).
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the teams, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location. We collect this each time you log in to display geographically relevant events.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with us. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third party services.
- Third party data. We may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Service: we collect personal information from you in order to provide the Services to you, including allowing you to register for an account and use the various features of the Services described below. If you participate in our Ambassador program, we may use your information in order to contact you or to mail you eligible expenses and other event-related tickets and passes, subject to our Ambassador Terms and Conditions.
- Sending Event Invitations: You have the ability to send event invitations using the Services. You may send event invitations by text message to individuals in the contact list on your device if you grant our App access to your device data. If you send an event invitation, the recipient will be able to view your invitation as well as the phone number from which you have transmitted the invitation and the name associated with such phone number. In order to RSVP to an event invitation, the recipient must be a registered user. If the recipient is not a registered user, they will be prompted to create an account in order to RSVP and be able to post comments regarding the event.
- Comments: If you choose to post a comment on the App, your username, profile photo, other information about you and the content of your post or comment will be viewable on the App by any users who have been invited to the event associated with your comment, or by any other users of the App.
- Chat function: If you choose to use the chat or messaging functions on the App, your username, profile photo, and any other information in the content of your message will be viewable on the App by any users to whom you have sent the message or who have been invited to the chat. Joiiin personnel may be able to access and view your chat messages but will only do so for the purpose of addressing any issues or bugs affecting the Services.
- Metadata: We collect and use various metadata derived from your use of the Services. For example, if you post a comment about an event, we collect metadata such as the time that such comment was posted. In cases where content is made publicly available such as public comments, the associated metadata may also be made publicly available.
- Marketing Communications: By registering for the Service, you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, including information that we may send you to keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies are used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Website and App and to tailor advertisements (see further, ‘Advertisements’). A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Website and App, such as how many users visit the Website, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information is used to improve the content of the Website and App. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website, App or Services.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
- Third-Party Links: The Website and App may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
- ANALYTICS SOFTWARE
We and our third party tracking-utility partners use log files on our Services to gather certain information automatically and store it for analytical purposes. This information includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We also disclose Personal Information collected from you to our third-party service provider to aggregate and provide us with analytics and aggregate statistics on our users and how our users use the Services. The service provider is prohibited from using Personal Information for any other purpose.
- DISCLOSURES & TRANSFERS
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website, App and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website, App and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website or App members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
- AMENDMENT OF THIS POLICY
- ACCESS AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
- CONTACT US
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: [email protected]
Last Updated: January 19th, 2017